Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Its All About The Environment

Its amazing to me that I can be standing beside a beautiful lake with all the fall colors reflecting brilliantly off the surface of the water. Then as I'm composing the image in my viewfinder I spot something out of place. No its not the sign for a truck stop in the distance that bears down on you as you drive along the interstate. I can almost disregard that since its a minor item in the image. The thing that seems even more out of place is right near me in the lower left hand corner of the image. A white toilet is emerging out of the water like some alien space ship. Why would anyone decide that they needed to dispose of a toilet in a lake? The effort alone of getting it there makes me wonder. Not just the fact that this is pollution in its most hideous sense. I hope you like today's photo even though I left the toilet in the picture and didn't photo shop it out for esthetic purposes.

No comments: